« Home | Static » | Portraits » | The Singing Tart That Saved the World » | I Can't Write » | Nostalgia » | Lessons from the Movies » | Snapshots » | Three Tales » | The Bad Automatic Lyric Decoder & Response Monkey » | Absinthe »

A Perfect Circle

A year ago, JD Fortune was 10, 000 miles away from where I was.

A year later, he was 10 feet away from where I stood.

A year ago, I watched JD celebrate his birthday on TV on a show called Rock Star: INXS.

A year later, I got to sing him “Happy Birthday” in person.

A year ago, I held my breath, hoping that INXS would announce JD as their new lead singer.

A year later, I started hyperventilating at the sight of JD performing live onstage, right before my eyes as….the lead singer of INXS.

A year ago, I started this blog and wrote of my love for JD & INXS

A year later, I got to say it to them.

Poetic, don’t you think? (The situation, not my choice of words).

It doesn’t matter that there were 5000 other people around me doing exactly the same thing. All that matters is that INXS, you were there, I was standing, two worlds colliding and they could NEVER TEAR US APART! INXS, live at Riverstage, Brisbane on Friday, 1stof September. I was there. Before the show, it had been raining for three days running. The rain cleared as soon as they stepped on stage. When the show came to an end, it started raining again. I walked back home (ok, to the train station), barefoot through sludgy mud – I had to take my bloody shoes off because they pinched and gave me blisters that made my feet look like a model for the solar system. Dirty, tired, cold, wet, half-crippled, and probably at risk for contracting some terrible disease from walking barefoot through the city streets, I couldn’t bring myself to add ‘miserable’ to the list because for the first time in a while, I wasn’t. I was the happiest I had been in months and all it took was song. And a band that seems to appreciate the effort their fans make to watch them play by putting up a fucking good show. (I swear INXS is amazing live. Their studio albums don’t do them justice.)

Someday, I too hope to be loved for doing what I love. I too hope to someday alleviate the miseries of a dirty, tired, cold, wet, half-crippled stranger, at risk for contracting some terrible disease from walking barefoot through the city streets. I would probably start by telling them to wear sensible shoes and carry an umbrella. Of course, I myself have this illogical belief that carrying an umbrella makes me look dumber than walking around town like I’ve just won a wet t-shirt contest that no one else has taken part in. But I’m a bimbo. My sunglasses are bigger than my brain. But just so you know, my sunglasses are huge.

Happy Birthday to my gula-gula kapas, hantu rock-yeh-yeh kesayanganku, JD Fortune. Yes, I know, you don’t belong to me, and I just got to let you go ……… And I will. Just not anytime soon.

Happy Birthday to my rubbish blog.

Happy Belated Birthday to tanah tumpah darahku, Malaysia

Happy Be-early Birthday to my mom. And Ma, I’m sorry, but now that I’ve seen JD in the flesh, I’m even more set on making him your son-in-law. He told me he loved me. Really, he did. What 5000 other people?

A year ago, I was delusional. A year later, I’m err…..just…err… move along.

See that this is more than just a full circle. It’s a perfect one.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

|